Message from the President
• WVA’s new website has been up for 6 months and seems to be working well. Members should keep their images and site info current. Thank you to Doug Haynes for his work on this.
• The WVA magazine is going steady at the current 8 pages, and our hopes are to expand this. If you have articles or topics, please send them on to Aaron Wilbers. Thank you to Aaron for your work on the magazine and for staffing our WVA sponsor table during Arts Day in Madison.
• The State board has been discussing our need for a paid part-time WVA Executive Director to help us move forward and become even better at what we do. Meeting the Endowment challenge will help make this possible.
• The State board has also been discussing adding Satellite Chapters and the Chapter Chairs have the drafted constitution amendment along with more info about what this is about and how it will be implemented. Basically, we are looking at this as a way to reach out into other areas of Wisconsin so WVA isn’t primarily Milwaukee area, Madison area, or Green Bay/Appleton area artists. There will be more discussions about this at the Chapter level.
• WVA is an all-volunteer artist organization. As such we need your help at the chapter and state level. I spent many years on the sidelines, mostly participating in exhibits, but then decided it was time for me to do more. It started small but I’ve learned so much and I’ve enjoyed it all. Please consider sharing your leadership skills as WVA grows.