Artists: Making A Living, Making A Life: Workshops on the business of art
Springboard for the Arts will conduct business and professional practices workshops for Wisconsin artists in communities around Wisconsin this fall and next spring.
• Eau Claire—November 5 and 6
DestiniArtworks, 120 Graham Avenue, 715-836-7331
• The Jack Richeson Art School in Kimberly/Appleton will host a similar Springboard workshop on November 19th and 20th
• Milwaukee—February 25 and 26
Bucketworks, Milwaukee’s Creative Resources Center
1319 North Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, 414-305-1324
• Platteville—March 11 and 12
• Ashland—April 8 and 9
Specific locations and directions to these sessions available soon.
WORKSHOP TOPICS SCHEDULE?*
Friday, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Career Planning for Artists
- Business Fundamentals for Artists
- Friday afternoon will also feature “one on one Arts Peer consultations.” If you have a question, need advice, want an objective viewpoint for a challenge you’re facing, the Wisconsin Assembly for Local Arts’ ArtsPeers Advisory Network can help. The Arts Peers program provides experienced, professional and creative arts administrators to work with artists needing ideas on how to solve problems, identify opportunities, or establish new directions.
Saturday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Exploring Financial and Organizational Structures for Artists
- Record keeping and Financial Management for Artists
Developing a Business Plan
- Lunch on your own at one of the nearby restaurants, or bring your own!
Wisconsin Common Market Program
• Marketing and Professional Presentation for Artists – Working with the Media/getting the word out
*schedule subject to minor changes between communities
The cost of these workshops is being underwritten in great part by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Wisconsin Department of Commerce. Because of this, registration for the full workshop is $50 per person. Artists from all visual and performing arts disciplines and genre are encouraged to participate!
These workshops are:
- Sponsored by the Wisconsin Arts Board and the Wisconsin Assembly for Local Arts
- Presented by Springboard for the Arts and featuring guest presenters from Wisconsin
- Funded by the Challenge America program of the National Endowment for the Arts, and the Wisconsin Department of Commerce
To register, go to the Wisconsin Assembly for Local Arts’ website: www.wisconsinarts.org.